In a central location on Fischmarkt in Erfurt directly opposite the City Hall, the Erfurt Art Gallery, which opened in 1979, is housed in the "Haus zum Roten Ochsen". This building, first mentioned in records in 1392, was converted to Renaissance style in 1562 for the wealthy Erfurt trader and senior city councillor Jakob Naffzer.
Covering an area of 750 m², regularly changing exhibitions are staged, showing the fine arts from the beginning of the Modern era through to the present day. They are supplemented by numerous publications issued by the Art Gallery. Exhibitions on Modern classics are held here as well as shows of the works of national and international contemporary artists.
Erfurt Art Gallery
Telephone: +49 (0) 361 / 6 55 56 60
Telefax +49 (0) 361 / 6 55 16 59